JB
Posted By
Jason_Beeman
Feb 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have searched and searched for updates to my very expensive program and cant seem to find one. Does Adobe really sell a program for that amount and not give me the ability to update it to the latest version for the rest of my life? I bought it back in 2000 and a friend told me that there was a newer version called "CS". Can I not update my version 7 to the new one?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BR
ben_rr
Feb 4, 2004
Jason,

Very few software companies ofter lifetime update of their software for free, if that’s your drift. For example, companies like… ah…, er…. emmm…. darn. Can’t recall any! /grin/

There is a free update for Photoshop Version 7. It’s called update 7.0.1. It is still up for download from Adobe, isn’t it?

From Version 7.0.1 you can go UPGRADE to CS for a price, of course. That’s the way it is.

By the way, in case you feel left out because others have CS, I hope you won’t. Really. Version 7 is still soooooo powerful. I use it everyday and I’m still mining gold from it, in a manner of speaking.
LB
Laurence_Berle
Feb 4, 2004
Hi

You can upgrade to CS from any version back as far as 5.5 (this what I did).

If you mean free updates then no, not for version steps. I would think that wherever you are in the world you will be able to find an outlet with the CS upgrade version on sale.

HTH 🙂
BR
ben_rr
Feb 4, 2004
Here’s the address for updating Version 7 to version 7.0.1.

It took less than one minute to find it, right here in Adobe website. Where were you searching?

< http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=3 9&platform=Windows>
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 4, 2004
you can upgrade to cs from any prior version, including the original (2.5) i think. but you need to call adobe for an access code if the version is less than 5.5.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections