EL
Posted By
elliot_lombardo
Jun 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to prepare an advertising piece and I’m trying to print out a mockup from my HP color laser jet. My question is, how can I get the printout to appear as it does on the computer screen, whenever I print it out now the resolution is really low and fuzzy. I want it (it least the text and other computer generated material like boxes, e.g. anything but pictures) to appear very sharp. Can anyone help me please?

I’m thinking the idea is my pixels to inches ratio is wrong but I don’t know what the correct entry would be.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BL
Bob Levine
Jun 7, 2007
What’s the resolution of that graphic?

Why are you designing an ad in Photoshop? Illustrator or InDesign would be a better choice, but if you only have Photoshop note the following…

For text to be printed as text instead of being rasterized you must be printing to a postscript printer. Workaround is to save as PDF and print from Acrobat/Reader.

Bob
L
LenHewitt
Jun 7, 2007
Your image ppi needs to be at around 240.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jun 8, 2007
For really crisp text, you should have 300 or even 600 ppi.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections