How to print an Action like a text file ?

PL
Posted By
Peter_Lange
Jun 15, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
For reasons of documentation, I’m trying to print an Action including all steps and settings.

Whatever I do and wherever I search, I can’t figure out how to facilitate this. Maybe it’s just Friday evening and I’m overlooking something obvious.

Please advise.

Peter

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 15, 2007
Highlight an action set. Hold down Ctrl and Alt while choosing Save Actions from the flyout menu. You will then be able to save the entire Actions Palette with all the actions and all the steps as a .txt file.

I don’t think there’s a way to limit it to one action, so you’ll have to edit that text file.
PL
Peter_Lange
Jun 15, 2007
Had tried this before (Hold down Ctrl and Alt while choosing Save Actions from the flyout menu. ). And it simply doesn’t work. So I thought it’s MAC only. Btw, still can’t find it in my language version.

While you recommended it, I’ve played with the controls again and came to a modified combination which now seems to work .. for whatever reason:
/> just hold down Ctrl
/> double-click on Save Actions and keep on holding down the left mouse button /> additionally press Alt
/> release the left mouse button
… for whatever reason

So THANK YOU VERY MUCH for pointing me in the right direction.

Peter

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 15, 2007
Glad it worked. I had no trouble using Ctrl-Alt.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections