PM
Posted By
Peter_Main
Oct 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
….with Photoshop CS4 installed, printing text to my laser printer results in ‘screened’ text and lightly screened background. I have the print dialog box set to ‘output’, but now find the ‘screen’ button is grayed out as is the ‘transfer’ button. I need to know how to make the ‘screen’ button active to eliminate the screen affect I am getting.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JM
J_Maloney
Oct 20, 2008
If your type is still editable layer, you should be able to upres your doc to 600 ppi at output size and make sure the type anti-aliasing in the options bar is set to none (view to 100% pixel view to confirm).
PM
Peter_Main
Oct 20, 2008
….I thank you, but have done this…I just need to know how to make the ‘screen’ option (in the print dialog box) active, as the screening effect appears on all that I print on the laser printer.
SR
Sverker_Runeson
Oct 20, 2008
Hi,
What is a good and simple way to add in a line of text superimposed on a photo (or in an added white strip along the lower edge) when printing a picture?
Like, eg., a byline, date, fielname, copyrigt or similar stuff. I mean, I don’t want to include the textline permanently in the picture, only to add it in sometimes when printing for some particular purpose.
I figure having a couple of such lines in a textfile and cut an paste from it when needed. I’m running PS3, Photoshop and Bridge in Windows XP.
Anyone know?
Thanks in advance,
Sverk
PM
Peter_Main
Oct 20, 2008
…..just save your ‘lines’ you wish to add as JPEG, then drag it onto any photo you wish to add these too. You could also save a copy of your photo as a Photoshop file and save you ‘lines’ as a photoshop file…this way your ‘lines’ will have no background color…they will just print over the top of the photo.
PM
Peter_Main
Oct 20, 2008
….does someone out there know how I can make the ‘screen’ button active in the ‘print dialog box’????
JL
John_Lytton
Nov 14, 2008
Peter,

I just got off the phone w/ tech support and the transfer & screen buttons are greyed out by CS4 program design for non-postscipt printers. I’ve been using the transfer function for calibrating my non-ps printers for many years, and now it’s not possible this way with PS CS4. This is is going to really disrupt my work flow & I’ve made this known to Adobe – I hope they listen and bring it back in an update. I hope you & others who may read this topic contact Adobe (tech support & customer service)to express your concerns and request they bring it back.
YR
Yves_Rubin
Nov 27, 2008
Very good point! I’ve just tried to print from CS4 and edit the transfer function, but it is nowhere to be seen in the dialog (even in the greyed area that only shows "Interpolation" Include Vector Data" and "Send 16-bit Data".

Thank you for point this out and calling Adobe. I sure hope they bring it back, it is very useful when printing to mat papers. Here is a reason why:

<http://www.inkjetart.com/tips/somerset_instructions.html>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections