V
Posted By
v6v6v6
Feb 25, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I find that the tooltip which appears when hovering over a tab gets in the way of my workflow sometimes. For example, I’m unable to quickly access options on the Application or Options bars when it’s present. This generally seems to be the case when I’ve got the tabs snapped to the Application Frame. Is it possible to turn the tooltips for the tabs off?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Feb 25, 2009
Did you throughly read all the different options in your PS Preferences dialog?

Might be there…
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 26, 2009
Tool-tips are either "ON" (which means all of them); or they are turned Off. (You select your choice in the Prefs..)

If you still feel that you need to see the Tool-tips, I suggest that you just move quickly to the Option bar without hovering over the Tabs; or you could disable the Open as Tabs feature.
V
v6v6v6
Feb 26, 2009
Thanks, I do see the "Show Tool Tips" option but I was hoping there might be some way to avoid turning off all the tool tips (I rely on them every now and then when I need a reminder of what an option or tool is for). I can probably just deal with it since it’s a small nuisance. It’s mostly an issue with moving the cursor horizontally out of the tooltip and that tooltip not disappearing immediately.

Vid of tooltip behavior
< http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/darthsauce/mac/?actio n=view&current=tooltip.flv>

Please note: I’m purposely stopping on the tab in the video to force it to show. Most of the time I’ve just inadvertently paused on the tab while on my way to access an option on one of the bars.
PZ
Ping Zheng
Feb 26, 2009
You can make a new workspace and drag the tool option bar to other place if you are annoyed about the tooltips
V
v6v6v6
Feb 26, 2009
Thanks Ping, I realize this and discussed the bars in a related thread <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7ff72/15> but I’ve come to realize that I don’t like the their horizontal design and how it forces me to move my cursor so far from the canvas (the way my workspace is setup).

I feel in this case things like turning off tabs or moving the option bar aren’t worth the impact on my workflow (which I’m still constantly experimenting with!) than simply moving my mouse just a little further to make the tooltip disappear.

But hopefully someone from Adobe will see this as something to tweak for a future udpate!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections