Web Photo Gallery (CS2) – Pop-ups opening in new tab — fixable?

G
Posted By
goosebump
Aug 27, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve created a web photo gallery in photoshop cs2 and whenever I click on the thumbnails it opens the larger image page in a new tab, rather than a new window. Is there a way around this? Must I insert a revised javascript into the thumbnail template?
Or should I insert something into my "SubPage" template.

I’m very new with all this so I hope this makes sense.

Many Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

S
SDA
Aug 27, 2007
One can have a js that will have a new html window open, but I would think that this is configurable on the end user’s side to override.

For example, I have my FireFox browser configured to open links in new tabs as opposed to new windows. I’d be sure that the behaviour you’re seeing isn’t as a result of your web browser being configured to behave this way (or at least rule this out).
G
goosebump
Aug 27, 2007
Thanks. Actually, it’s not the browser. If I use a new javascript manually added to each thumbnail photo, it fixes the problem (new window, not new tab). I just don’t know how to automate this.

Surely there is an option to create pop-ups where the javascript in each thumbnail controls the pop-up. Or is there another way to control how the pop-up happens, to make sure it’s always a new window?
S
SDA
Aug 28, 2007
Sure with javascript. Should be trivial to do in Dreamweaver or GoLive; Post the code and perhaps I may be able to help you.But this can be configured browser side by the client to override (just so you know).

Send to me direct e-mail, because this isn’t really related to Photoshop. sd(dot)allen(at)sympatico(dot)ca

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections