Type setting tabs and indents in Photoshop CS?

DS
Posted By
Diane_S_Kennedy
Oct 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I cannot find a tab palette in Photoshop CS. Does one exist? I want to set bullets and then the type. If I use the tab key in between it sets more space than I want.

I would appreciate any help. I have already spent way too much time trying to figure this out.

Thanks,
Diane

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
chrisjbirchall
Oct 20, 2005
You can set the indent and spacings from the Paragraph palette.

As far as I am aware there is no bullet or tab facility – nor indeed many other features which you would only expect to find in a fully featured word processor.
D
deebs
Oct 20, 2005
Yeh – I can see where your coming from on this Diane. It sure would be handy but then Photoshop would cease to be Photoshop as we know it and start to be a bit like InDesign or Illustrator where these are probably run of the mill effects.

Maybe a DTP program, or for a finished product a straight word processing program with image inserted behind text?
ED
Emma_d_Anise
Oct 20, 2005
Aside from setting the indent, you could place your bulleted text in a separate text box and adjust the left margin of that to fake an indent.
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 23, 2005
have you tried doing the text with bullets and indents in something like <cringe> word then copying and pasting the text into photoshop?
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 23, 2005
It loses some of the formatting in the paste.

Thought I’d try it.
D
deebs
Oct 23, 2005
JJ: did you try at 100% Zoom?

Sometimes at other than 100% Zoom settings text can look a little cruddy

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1N7PAFx0S0Yg0dCLkP klHqTSqHkq1q>

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1N7PAFx0S0Yg0dCLkP klHqTSqHkq1q>

ps – the leading ‘?’ arise from bullet points in Word that Copy & Paste returns as ? in Photoshop
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 23, 2005
the leading ‘?’ arise from bullet points in Word that Copy & Paste returns as ? in Photoshop

that might happen if the font you’ve chosen in photoshop doesn’t include a bullet point. try another font like arial or something more standard.
D
deebs
Oct 23, 2005
Great dave! Good to see you posting
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 23, 2005
As I said: It loses some of the formatting in the paste.

Note the word "some". If it won’t work 100% it’s no use to me.

Not that I want to do it any way.

Horses for courses; screwdrivers for screws, and spanners for stubborn nuts.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections