Large Photoshop Document opens strange. Frames Lost?

S
Posted By
SerenaBunny
Feb 25, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
<Sorry I have no idea if this has been posted before>

I’m not sure how to describe it.
I’ve been trying to find out what the problem is with my document.

I’ve been animating in HD and i have about 300 frames. Which I’ve spent 3 days working on. And it normally takes 10 minutes to load the document. (I have plenty of space on my computer) So I decided I would open up the document and split it into two documents.

But before I could do that, it opened the document in 3 seconds and ALL the frames are all fuzzy (like a TV with reception problems)

Here is a picture.

< http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o93/xfluerx/photoshop/pho toshopproblem.jpg>

I want to know if this can be fixed?
Or if I’ve lost everything completely.

It normally opens fine. But now that’s how it opens.
I can open all my other projects fine.

Thanks~

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CC
Chris_Cox
Feb 25, 2009
What version of Photoshop?
What OS version?
What has changed since these worked?
S
SerenaBunny
Feb 25, 2009
* looks at case*

adobe photoshop cs3 extended

like my computer type?
Mac OS X Version 10.4.11

everything works fine. it was working last time I opened it. then the next day when I opened it, (in the picture) that’s what it looked like.

< everything else opens fine~
CC
Chris_Cox
Feb 25, 2009
OK, CS3, so it can’t be an OpenGL problem.

Do most documents open fine, and only the animations open corrupted? How is the animation stored? A file per frame? If so, what file type? In a movie format (all in one file)?

Did you update the OS?
Did you update any QuickTime codecs?
Did you install any other software?
S
SerenaBunny
Feb 25, 2009
all my documents and animations open fine. it’s just this one project which i find strange =/

hmm, I’m not sure. I just save it as a photoshop document to the computer and external hard drive. so i haven’t exported it to any .mov files as i was only halfway done.

I haven’t installed any new programs~ The only updates I get are the automatic ones.
CC
Chris_Cox
Feb 25, 2009
In which case that one project has probably been corrupted by disk errors.
NK
Neil_Keller
Feb 25, 2009
Serena,

I just save it as a photoshop document to the computer and external hard drive.

Is your backup OK? Is your external drive OK? From the appearance of the file, it looks like it’s irretrievably damaged.

Neil
S
SerenaBunny
Feb 26, 2009
ah okay~

yeah my external hard drive is fine~ I could see the picture of one of the frames in the photoshop icon for the project. But when i clicked on it, it changed to just a plain icon <PSD, PS>

it did this for both computer and external files.

Yeah I thought I might have lost it. Looks like I’ll have to start all over and export it to .mov every 5 frames. (Which is going to take forever~)

I hate how photoshop is so expensive and yet it gets alot of bugs.

Thanks for the help anyways guys~! ^^
NK
Neil_Keller
Feb 26, 2009
Serena,

I hate how photoshop is so expensive and yet it gets alot of bugs

We haven’t verified whether it is a "bug" or (more likely) something going on specifically with your system.

Neil

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections