S
Posted By
Sparkss
Aug 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do u make a background with like 5 different colors that it all blended together, but u can see like all the colors?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 21, 2004
Sparkss,

Create a new file using File>New. Then Select a large soft brush and the colour of your choice and paint with it …. adjust the opacity and play aound with the effect. Choose another colour and do the same thing.

Carry on until you have something you like and then do Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur … this will soften the whole image and make it look like they are blending into each other.

To get more control over it you can do each colour on its own layer then flatten the image before going on to use Gaussian Blur.

Wendy
S
Sparkss
Aug 21, 2004
Thank, bt what does opactiy mean?
NS
Nancy_S
Aug 21, 2004
Opacity is degree of transparency.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 21, 2004
Sparkss,

To change the opacity …

Open the layers palette … do Window>Layers
Make sure you are on the right layer … check in the layers palette Change Opacity … it is in the layers palette, top right hand side. It will say 100% … adjust it down until you like the effect.

You can’t change the opacity of a background layer .. if you want to change it then just double click on the background layer (in the layer palette) and a box will pop up … click on OK … then you will be able to change the opacity of the background layer.

Wendy
S
Sparkss
Aug 21, 2004
thanks i aslo need help with this
<http://img33.exs.cx/img33/641/friend2.gif>
He wants it without the pictures and difffernet writing but whenI try and take out the picture and replace it with the backgorund I get this <http://img33.exs.cx/img33/2075/freidn-editee.gif> how owuld i get it so it like goes together with the images and a differnet righting?
NS
Nancy_S
Aug 21, 2004
Sparkss,

Do you have access to the file in another format which supports layers, like .psd or .tif? Your design change could easily be implemented if so.
S
Sparkss
Aug 21, 2004
implemented ? what do u mean, do u want me to save the image as a a .psd? and then put it up?
BG
Byron Gale
Aug 21, 2004
Your friend is asking a LOT.

After you remove the figures and text, you’re left with holes which have to be filled in. Since there is no usable symmetry from which to clone, you would have to draw or paint the patches, yourself.

Without a doubt, a sufficiently motivated person could do it… and a sufficiently talented person could do it passably. Speaking for myself, I am neither. 😉

My opinion is that your only practical hope is to try to obtain a copy of just the background from the original designer. Short of that, I suggest that you create an entirely new background.

Byron
NS
Nancy_S
Aug 21, 2004
Not quite.

Implemented means accomplished.

Was the file originally created in the .psd format? If so, and it was saved with layers, removing the unwanted portions and changing the font would be a snap.
S
Sparkss
Aug 21, 2004
ok, cause that image that i give i like copyied and paste, but it was like not working, it looked bad
S
Sparkss
Aug 21, 2004
o, ill have to check nancy
S
Sparkss
Aug 21, 2004
nope, it a GIF image
NS
Nancy_S
Aug 21, 2004
Be sure to respect other people’s work Sparkss. If the author of the image wants changes he should be able to supply the original. Copying/pasting and then changing someone else’s design somewhat is not OK.
S
Sparkss
Aug 21, 2004
I dont no who made the orignal
NS
Nancy_S
Aug 21, 2004
I would suggest that you begin from scratch. You can create your own background similar to your example, choose the font you desire and include different or no images in the corner.

It takes time and dedication to understand and use PSE with skill. Everyone must start the learning process from square 1. Get familiar with basic skills and when you have specific questions about the new image you are creating, there are many people here to help.
S
Sparkss
Aug 21, 2004
How did he make that kind of background?
NS
Nancy_S
Aug 21, 2004
I saw a tutorial just the other day that created a background like that. You might use Google to search through tutorials (there will be thousands) and I’ll see if I can find it again.
S
Sparkss
Aug 21, 2004
If you find it, I Can give you a great fire tutorial in return
NS
Nancy_S
Aug 21, 2004
I will look.

Other people feel free to chime in here if you have ideas too.
S
Sparkss
Aug 21, 2004
ok, thanks, just tell me when u find it please.
S
Sparkss
Aug 21, 2004
Also, Nancy do you aim, msn, yahoo, or sometihng like that?
NS
Nancy_S
Aug 21, 2004
IF, I can locate it Sparkss, I will post to this thread.
NS
Nancy_S
Aug 21, 2004
I meant to use www.google.com and then click on Advanced. Insert words like Photoshop, tutorial, background

The link below should give you a good starting point for creating the background. Go for it, experiment, be creative. You will learn as you proceed.

<http://www.codeorgy.com/tutorials/tut01.php>
NS
Nancy_S
Aug 21, 2004
Sparkss,

A last word before I leave the forum today…the link below will lead you to an excellent site for learning PSE. Jay has one of the best sites on the internet concerning Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. Explore the site and absorb the information. Practice and experimentation are the keys to success. Scroll down the page to the section you should begin with.

<http://www.arraich.com/elements/psE_intro.htm>
S
Sparkss
Aug 21, 2004
thanks, do u want that tutorial for fire?
NS
Nancy_S
Aug 21, 2004
Thank you for the offer. You could post a link in this thread.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections