EI
Posted By
Elizabeth_Ingram
Jul 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am making a card in illustrator but have a graphic in photoshop when i save it i want the brackground to be transparant. When I place the image into illustrator my background becomes white. how do i stop this??

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 16, 2004
Save as psd or tiff with transparency.

Does your image in Elements really have transparent background?

If not, you’ll need to
-make your image a layer, if it just background image (double click on background layer in layer palette).
-select what you want to be transparent and delete it, which will delete to transparency.

M
EI
Elizabeth_Ingram
Jul 16, 2004
hello i tried to do what you told me and it still won’t go into illistrator without transparent background
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 16, 2004
I thought transparent background is what you wanted?
Or maybe you just used "without" in this statement when you meant "with"?

Does the background in your PS file show as checkerboard pattern? If not, you didn’t get transparency yet.

M
EI
Elizabeth_Ingram
Jul 17, 2004
Hi Mac:

You are right, I used the wrong word. I have a checkerboard background and did export (under file) to to Illustrator. When I move over to Illustrator and open it up, all I see is crop marks and no pictures. I have been working on a business card for a week (lots of little glitches as I am fairly new and I am not working on the programs constantly. I really appreciate your assistance 🙂 Thanks
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 17, 2004
See my other post …

Don’t use Export, that is for Paths, not what you want.

M

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections