BR
Posted By
Beltran_R_Espinosa
Feb 2, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to install the Epson Perfection V700 software on Photoshop CS4 and nothing happens. Please tell me if there is any issue on that. Thank you. I have 1 Mac Pro and 1 G5 Desktop.
Beltran Espinosa

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NK
Neil_Keller
Feb 2, 2009
Betran,

You’ve told us nothing about how you’ve installed your software, how you’ve set it up, and how you’re trying to get it to work.

That said, if you are trying to run it via TWAIN, note that the TWAIN plug-in is an optional installation with CS4 and needs to be installed manually.

And that said, note that the reason why it is now an optional installation, is that a number of scanner manufacturers are not complying properly with TWAIN standards.

So, I recommend that you use the standalone software that Epson supplies, and scan independently of Photoshop. A great benefit in scanning this way is that you are not tying up Photoshop as a scanner utility, and you can work productively while scanning.

Hope this helps.

Neil
BR
Beltran_R_Espinosa
Feb 2, 2009
Thank You Neil. I’ll appreciate a lot if you tell me how to install it manually, because we are two persons involved in this. I’m going to follow your advise which makes a lot of sense, but the girl that works with me is a person of habits and might want to import the scanner the old fashion way.
Any way, is a pleasure to hear from people so knowledgeable and nice.
B
Buko
Feb 2, 2009
Its in the goodies folder and you put it in Photoshops plugin folder.

I must agree with Neil. Tying up a $1000 application as a scanning interface is a bit silly since Photoshop has no scanning ability in and of itself. You are still using Epson’s software. So since this a new scanner and a new version of Photoshop try doing a new way.
AW
Allen_Wicks
Feb 2, 2009
Or use Vuescan, IMO superior. But in any event scanning from within PS is a terrible workflow hog.
NK
Neil_Keller
Feb 2, 2009
PS is a terrible workflow hog

The exception would be (first assuming that TWAIN-compliant software has been provided by the scanner manufacturer) if you are doing only very occasional scanning.

Neil
R
Ram
Feb 3, 2009
the girl that works with me is a person of habits and might want to import the scanner the old fashion way

Just make it clear to her that she does it at her own risk, and crashes and other problems are quite likely.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections