Is it possible to save many scanned photos to a single PDF file?

SV
Posted By
Siarhei Vaurynovich
Sep 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Please, help 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BB
Bert Bigelow
Sep 16, 2003
I do not think that is possible, unless you combine the photos in Photoshop on a single canvas, but that becomes, in effect, a single image.
Just curious: why would you want to do that?
bert
BB
brent bertram
Sep 16, 2003
I suspect you would need Acrobat to do what you’re wishing for. I’ve done that using Acrobat to build an easily transportable photo album.

🙂

Brent
CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 16, 2003
Unless the reference is to the PDF slide show, which does put a group of images into a single PDF file…
MM
Major Malfunction
Sep 16, 2003
"Siarhei Vaurynovich" wrote in message
Please, help 🙂

As some people have implied, it depends on your goal. If you have Acrobat, not the reader but the full program, you can add pages to a single Acrobat file, much like a photo album. Each page may be viewed separately, but the entire collection could be passed as a single file.

If you have another purpose in mind, please elaborate on what you mean by your subject heading.
B
BobHill
Sep 16, 2003
As Brent has indicated, you need either full Acrobat or another program (such as PageMaker, InDesign, or MS WORD with PDF abilities, etc.) to make multiple paged PDF files. Element will make a single page PDF as will many programs, but it takes document making programs such as those listed above to make multiple paged PDF files.

Bob
RC
Richard Coencas
Sep 16, 2003
The slideshow in Elements 2.0 is in fact a multipage PDF with transitions.

Rich
WB
W Bobrowski
Sep 16, 2003
You are able to accomplish this with Adobe Photoshop Album. I happened to use it to create a ‘slideshow’ but the resulting PDF, when viewing using the latest Adobe Reader v6 (free), not only displayed the slideshow, but if you exit the slideshow, you are able to simply click-through each of the PDF pages, just as you normally would do so. Though the slideshow format introduced some ‘framing’, the image files within the PDF are unchanged. Try out the freebie version of Album and see if that works for you. You may also find available a non-slideshow PDF output for your needs.

Best regards,
Walt
CH
Connie Harrington
Sep 16, 2003
I think if you use the slide show, which does produce multi-pages, and set it for manual transition, it looks pretty much like an ordinary PDF file. I recently did one with transitions and didn’t really like it, but when I hit the esc key it looks like a PDF file, and you can cycle through the pictures.

What you can’t do, I think, is add any verbage. I think the names of the picture would have to be on the picture itself.

Connie
MM
Michele_Mills
Oct 17, 2003
Thanks to all for instructions for making PDF files using Photoshop Elements. I made a slideshow with the images/documents I wanted. I added a slide at the beginning that says "Click escape for the standard view of Adobe Acrobat", in case the recipient wasn’t familiar with slideshows.

Michele

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections