Z
Posted By
ZR
Sep 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Now that I have scanned over 850 family pictures (more are waiting…) into PE-2, I obviously need some friendly way to orgnize them for easy retreival, copy into CDs or DVDs, e-mail etc. All phot corrections will be done in PE-2 so no such features are needed in the desired application.

I know of two "leading" applications on the market, which allow to orgnize my pictures: "Phoitoshop Album" and "Microsoft Image it 9.0"

I would appreciate reading any experience with either of these. Good and bad… Which one is easier to use, which one is better integrated with PE-2 and much more.

Thanks for all inputs in this regard…!

ZR

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

S
Stanley
Sep 8, 2003
Can’t speak forMS Image, never used it. But I have and use Adobe album. I have heard people say they don’t like Album. I find it easy to set up and use.

Once you have the pictures in the program, your first step is to make tag for each one. If you have a lot….it will take time. I have close to 2000 cataloged. With tag, you can find all photos of "Uncle Bill" or "Aunt Martha." You decide on the tag.

Another way to search is by the "time line". Allows you to locate all photos take in any month of any year.

Another way to search (I never use it) is the "calendar". Enter a day, month and year, it will show all photos taken that day.

I would think MS Image works along the same lines, but I tend to stay away from MS programs of that type.

It will be interesting to see other comments here, both good and bad.

Stan
———————————————————— ————————— On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 14:37:31 GMT, ZR wrote:

Now that I have scanned over 850 family pictures (more are waiting…) into PE-2, I obviously need some friendly way to orgnize them for easy retreival, copy into CDs or DVDs, e-mail etc. All phot corrections will be done in PE-2 so no such features are needed in the desired application.

I know of two "leading" applications on the market, which allow to orgnize my pictures: "Phoitoshop Album" and "Microsoft Image it 9.0"
I would appreciate reading any experience with either of these. Good and bad… Which one is easier to use, which one is better integrated with PE-2 and much more.

ZR
RH
Rick Hughes
Sep 9, 2003
I really like ACDSee. It doesn’t have a create slideshow on a CD for display on a TV but other than that it is great. You can download a trail copy from their web page. http://www.acdsystems.com/English/index.htm

Rick

"ZR" wrote in message

ZR

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections