NS
Posted By
Nathan_Stiles
May 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just got a 30 day evaluation copy of CS2 on Windows Vista after spending years w/ Jasc’s Paint Shop Pro. Now I’m finding it difficult to do my most routine tasks.

I have a Curves Layer on a jpg background. I want to mask out it’s effect on part of the image, so I choose the paint brush, color=black, set the hardness and opacity (100% for right now) adn try to paint on the mask– nothing.

I do a sanity check on the background: nice black streaks. I can use the gradient tool to mask the adjustment later; however, no mater if I use the black brush or white… the effect is still a white brush. This is causing me much confusion.

Thanks,
Nathan

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Bernie
May 17, 2007
Did you check the brush transfer mode? It should be set to ‘Normal’
AD
Andrei_Doubrovski
May 18, 2007
Nathan,
Make sure your layer mask is active (click on the mask – and not on the layer – thumbnail)

SimplePhotoshop.com <http://simplephotoshop.com/>
NS
Nathan_Stiles
May 18, 2007
Found the problem. User error. I wasn’t actually changing the foreground color… I was just selecting the background color– doh! The interface is so different!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections