Using layer mask, image is still visible even when painted out using black brush

HR
Posted By
Hannah_Rayes
Nov 9, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I am using black on a layer mask to paint away parts of an image I noticed that it leaves the image transparent in the background. This is when my layer and brush are at 100% opacity and the layer and brush mode are normal. I have been using layer masks for the past 2 months and just noticed this issue last week. The only way I can completely paint away the image using a mask is when I click the mask channel and paint with that on, Is there another solution to this?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JS
John_Slate
Nov 9, 2006
Your default black swatch has probably changed, press the "d" key to reset it
B
Bernie
Nov 9, 2006
In the colour picker, do NOT set the black as CMYK colours ( 0/0/0/100 ) use RGB ( 0/0/0 ) instead
DK
d_kelly
Nov 30, 2006
thank you thank you!

this same problem has had me stumped for weeks. It just started all of the sudden like Hannah stated.
I was making the mask color CMYK 0000 but never tried RGB ones

thanks

D Kelly
artnmurals.com

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections