Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In order to install Photoshop Ele3ments 2,
do I need to uninstall the 30 day trial of
Photoshop Elements 2 or just go ahead and install
the permanent one. If I need to uninstall the trial,
can I use the "add/remove" in Windows XP or do I need to do something else.
Thanks for your help.
Curt

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GD
Grant_Dixon
Aug 9, 2004
Curt

There are mixed messages on how best to do this. I simply installed Elements 2 over the trial version and had no problems. Some have been less fortunate than I have. If you want to play it safe simply uninstall the trial version by using Widows XP Add/Remove before the new installation. The only problem with Add/Remove is that it doesn’t uninstall all files but leaves some in your Documents and Settings directory. That shouldn’t pose a problem for what you are doing.

Grant
JL
John_L._Patterson
Aug 12, 2004
If you get an answer please let me know. I am trying to find out the same answer.

John
BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 12, 2004
Adobe recommends that trial versions of all of their software be uninstalled prior to installing the full version. Some people (like Grant) haven’t had trouble installing with the trial still in place, but others have reported all kinds of problems. I recommend following the Adobe instructions and removing the trial.
CM
Christina_Meyer
Aug 15, 2004
Has anyone found a solution to uninstalling this "tryout". My tryout expired and I went into "Add/Remove Programs" and continued with the usual steps but after uninstalling this program everything on my computer changed. It totally messed up my Start menu and changed my files in Windows Explorer. I can’t find anything on Adobe’s site that covers this issue and am hoping to find someone that might help. Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections