JR
Posted By
John_R._Carroll
Jan 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I liked tryout. I just bought a scanner (Canon) to work on MAC OSX and the instructions say I need to uninstall the tryout version of Photoshop elements 2.0 before installing my now permanent copy. I can’t find any "uninstall" order anywhere. Even my tech soncan’ figure where to go next.
Anybody been there, done that?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 18, 2004
All you need to do is go to Applications and drag the Elements folder into the Trash. You also need to remove the Elements Preference folder, which should be located Users>Preferences. There’s a slight variation in OS X depending on whether you’re running pre-10.2, 10.2, or 10.3. Giving more info on which OS X version would get you a more detailed response, so please post back.
JR
John_R._Carroll
Jan 19, 2004
Thanks. I was ready to do that, but son #1 had told me not to, (worried that I’d miss some important small file somewhere, I guess)–just to find the installer and choose uninstall. Even my new program didn’t have an obvious command for "uninstall." He’s off in college, so repeated cell phone calls just wasn’t cutting it. I’ll try this tonight and see if it works. He just installed 10.3 before heading back to school.
Thanks–I’ll post back when I get it working.
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 19, 2004
John, I don’t use Panther, but it’s possible there’s one more file. I hope one of the users of 10.3 will come along and let you know one way or the other. If nobody shows up with a specific answer, after you drag the application to the trash and get rid of that preference file, do a Find for Adobe Photoshop Elements and see if anything else shows up. Just to be on the safe side.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jan 19, 2004
Hi, Beth. The other file is com.adobe.Photoshop.Elements.plist, which is also in Home>library>preferences, no matter which version of X you have.
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 19, 2004
I’ve gotta write that down, because I can never remember without looking! 🙂
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jan 19, 2004
Beth, .plists are easy. They’re always com.softwaremaker.productname.plist.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections