JD
Posted By
James_D.
Nov 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have the Photoshop Elements 2 Tryout on the computer for a long time – and frankly, never had the time to really try it – my own fault. But now, I must remove it. Unfortunately, using Add/Remove results in a error stating the the uninst.isu is invalid or corrupted and that Elements cannot be uninstalled.

I know I can just delete the folder but that leaves all kinds of stuff laying around in the System and the Registry.

Can I just get a "uninst.isu", drop that on top of the corrupted one and go from there to Uninstall?

I don’t have the Install copy of Elements 2 tryout and even so, is it possible to extract the uninst.isu and use it to uninstall?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BB
brent_bertram
Nov 16, 2003
James,
I don’t know that this is possible, but if is , it may solve the problem. Re-install the tryout . Then try uninstalling it. Can’t do any more than waste your time, and perhaps it’ll work.

🙂

Brent
B
BobHill
Nov 17, 2003
If Brent’s idea doesn’t work, James, do you know how to work RegEdit?

Bob
JD
James_D.
Nov 18, 2003
Thanks Brent, but it didn’t work. I don’t know if it had anything to do with downloading the trial and installing it again or not. New build in 2.0 perhaps?

Bob: Yes, I can work RegEdit quite easily. I was going to start searching through it and deleting but if you have a list of Keys, or know what to to search for, or where I can get a list, that would be great.

James
B
BobHill
Nov 18, 2003
James,

Start with HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and do a Find for "PhotoShop Elements", then F3 through all keys. See if that doesn’t take care of the important stuff, except if you have either XP or 2000 also do a check in C:\Document and Settings\your username\Application Data for anything (preferences especially) in Elements catagory. Delete items. Now do a manual removal of the PhotoShop Elements folder (all contents). See if that doesn’t clear it from your system fully.

Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections