LH
Posted By
Lawrence_Hudetz
Dec 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Would you believe it? I cannot uninstall CS4. Says Bridge is running.

It ain’t!

This is on my Dell workstation, the one on which CS4 installed effortlessly.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JJ
John Joslin
Dec 14, 2008
Did you check in Task Manager?

I had a "ghost" instance of Bridge running a couple of times in the bad old CS3 days. 😉
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Dec 14, 2008
I checked that and Services. So now, I checked the startup folder and found Bridge there, so I unchecked it. It’s now uninstalling.

I had CS on this computer as well and it turned really flaky! I uninstalled that as well.

On another note, the Message Bar just above the posts isn’t running on either computer. That is, I can’t go back, forward or Show all messages.

Maybe it’s the storm coming on….
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Dec 14, 2008
I’m not that comfortable with CS4. If you haven’t seen it, I got it runnig quite well on an Intel i7 platform, using the Intel mobo. Installed in 5 minutes on Vista Ultimate 64, loads as fast as anything and runs riot with filters.

It has the 2.66 GHz cpu, which is overclocked to slightly over #GHz. Not for this use, but part of another project. I left it there for this test.

I don’t like the extra effort to drop the menus to full disclosure. Most of what I use is in the hidden portion. So it’s fast doing it’s own work, but slows the operator down for a net loss IMO.

I also hate the brushes. Circle invisible in the crisp mode.

So far, I really like the Autotone.

In RAW, I have only ACR 3.6 and 4 as the camera cal tab for Nikon, whereas in CS3, I have a bunch. Also, on the 32 bit CS4 (formerly now!)installed on the Dell, I also have all the choices in RAW for .nef.

Hum! I have to check it further on Monday when I get back to work.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Dec 14, 2008
Hmmm, Adobe left 61 items behind in the Registry.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Dec 14, 2008
Holy cow!!! Now that Message bar is now working, on both computers!

I uninstall CS and CS4 and that affects two computers through the Netork connections?

WTF!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections