M
Posted By
mhbailey
Mar 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I posted this first under the Complaint/Bugs thread, but no comments.

System is W2K, SP4, AMD 2800+, 1.5 g RAM, 4 80 gig maxtor harddrives, Matrox G550… Photoshop has it’s own swap drive (38g) and 66% of memory allocated. Installed and activated Photoshop CS on 19 Feb and have been heavily using for the past week and a half. The trial version was NOT installed previously on this system, though PS7.01 was/is…

This is a clean system with only ZoneAlarm Pro and Symantec NAV running, broadband internet connection. Antivirus def. up to date and am sure no viruses, worms, etc. are present. This machine (ABIT-nF7S motherboard)is new this year, and I’ve seen no problems with system errors. Periodic inspection of the system log files with event viewer show no recorded problems, either.

Recently I got an error that I hadn’t seen before. I had been working on a folder of tif files (about 110 files, 3.6 gig worth, 16-bit tifs), mostly from within Filebrowser, previewing some, opening some by double-clicking to look at further in Photoshop. Deleting some, so Filebrowser would have been constantly updating the thumbnail cache (around 12 meg at the time). All developed from Canon RAW files, some with ACR 2.1, some with PhaseOne DSLR, but all had been worked on in Photoshop CS.

A dialog appeared that my "configuration file is invalid/missing, uninstall and reinstall CS" or something to that effect. At this point Filebrowser died and all I could do was dismiss/close Photoshop. I reopened Photoshop and the Filebrowser and was able to proceed without seeing the error again (for a day now). My name and serial number were in the about box, so maybe this was a transitory error, but it’s really worrisome. It would appear to have been a problem with the interaction between CS and the Filebrowser?

I know this isn’t exactly a clear list of reproducible events to get the dialog (well, it’s a dialog I hope not to see again), but hoped that this might relate to a known bug or set of bugs and this somewhat vague report might at least add a little bit of info.

Mike

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

M
mhbailey
Mar 3, 2004
Anyone?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections