Posted By
tim_s_woo
Aug 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
have this problem with my pse.

was doing some layer animation with pse, instead of image ready. so i went crazy with the duplicating process. now the duplicate window looks like this.

<http://img58.exs.cx/img58/8416/problem.jpg>

it could be the fact the windowblind could be effecting the program, since it also messes up the image resizing. so is there a way i can fix this problem?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

GJ
Gregory_J._Lewis
Aug 7, 2004
Photoshop elements came with my Sony Viao PC. After complete servicing because of a virus hit, I’m not able to access to get my photoshop files. I’m prompted to give customer name and serial #s of which I do not have. Do I go back to Viao for help? Please advize.

Thanks,
Greg
BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 8, 2004
Tim – try deleting the Elements Preference folder, which will reset everything to default. That should clear the problem. With Elements closed, click on the start up icon and then make a quick grab for the (Win) Control, Alt, and Shift keys (Mac) Command, Option, and Shift. Hold all three down until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes. A new folder will rebuild as Elements continues to launch. Hope this works! If not, repost and let us know you’ve already tried this so someone can come up with a different suggestion.

Greg – you should have gotten a serial number with Elements. Weren’t you asked for registration info the first time you launched it? If so, you should be able to contact Adobe customer support and get the serial number. If not, then, yes, you will have to contact Sony, because Adobe sold distribution rights to them and doesn’t track the software independently.
TS
tim_s_woo
Aug 8, 2004
now i got it fixed, thx guys!
DA
DORIS_A_DIONNE
Aug 22, 2004
I CAN ACCESS /USE MY PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS THAT CAME WITH MY VAIO, BUT CANNOT REGISTER WHEN I PUT IN THE SERIAL NUMBER THAT IS IN SYSTEM INFO UNDER HELP ON TOOLBAR IN ELEMENTS IT COMES BACK WITH NOT VALID, NOW I HAD REGISTERED LE 6 ELEMENTS ON 081804, AND TO BE HONEST WITH YOU I AM ASSUMING THAT BOTH CAME WITH THE COMPUTER BUT NOW WONDERING IF I DID A TRIAL ON ELEMENTS? I SENT AN EMAIL TO SUPPORT BUT THEY ARE ANSWERING MON – FRIDAY. I THINK I WOULD PREFER ELEMENTS TO THE 6 LE WHICH I THINK IS TOO SOPHISTICATED FOR ME. ALSO HAD OFFER BUNDLED FOR COMPLETE PHOTOSHOP TOO MUCH $$ ANY HELP SUGGESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ELEMENTS WORKS OK WITH /KODAK 5.MP?
I USED TO USE OLD VERSION OF ADOBE PHOTOSHOP THAT CAME WITH OLD CANON 3.2 THAT THE EX NOW HAS…DO NOT LIKE KODAK SOFTWARE….
THANKS,
DORIS.
BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 22, 2004
Please don’t use all caps, Doris. We get the feeling we’re being yelled at, and we’re really very nice! 🙂

That serial number for Elements that you’re seeing under system info isn’t a complete number. If I remember right, the complete serial number is 20 digits, but system info only displays 16 of them for privacy reasons. When you got your Vaio, the complete 20 digit serial number was buried somewhere in the documentation, but, never having gotten Elements pre-installed on a computer, I’m not sure exactly where you’d look. As long as it really is a legal copy and it works, you might has well keep using it. Although registering the software does come with a couple of advantages, it’s not critical. Some people never bother, even when they have the complete number.

Elements will work just fine for editing images from your Kodak camera, but you might want to post the model number. Someone will be able to tell you if it will download automatically to Elements or not. However most of us bypass the compatibility issues altogether by using card readers to download the images from the camera to the hard drive. They’re very inexpensive, and it’s also a quicker and safer way to move image files.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Aug 22, 2004
Doris

If Elements is running on you computer then there is two ways to access the serial number. One is use the number that you see in the system info and also in the About Photo shot Elements to search through your windows registry. This is not for the fain of heart. The other way is to simply go to Registration and try to Register on line. Adobe will automatically read you serial number and display it.

Grant

Oh I guess people have already told you that using upper case is only done for emphasis or when you are yelling at some one.
DA
DORIS_A_DIONNE
Aug 24, 2004
Hi Beth/Forum Users:

Sorry about the caps!
Beth thank you for all the useable and practical info, you answered all my questions! I do have a card reader, as well as one built into the printer, and of course they are downloadable from the camera itself which is a kodak DX4530 5.0megapixels. If anyone has any idea if elements is the best choice, I would appreciate any additonal clues/suggestions!

Thank you so much for your knowledge and kindness Beth =:o

Doris.
BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 24, 2004
Gee whiz, Doris, everybody here thinks Elements is the best choice – or we wouldn’t be here! There is a learning curve, but it’s also an extremely powerful piece of software. I think you’d be very happy using it, and forum members always love working with newcomers. Go for it! And please feel free to come back and post questions as you’re learning. Collectively, we can answer just about any question and have located tons of good reference material, like internet tutorials and books.
DA
DORIS_A_DIONNE
Aug 24, 2004
Thanks again Beth,

Yes I am familiar with photoshop with a Canon , so naturally leaned towards Elements, just wanted to make sure I was doing the "proper"thing re: registration and compatibility. I’m going to go for it, nice knowing you all are here to answer my questions , whether rudimentary or advanced!

Much thanks,

Doris.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 24, 2004
Doris,

Elements is really the best choice … a great program and if you get stuck then there are always people around who will help 🙂

Wendy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections