R
Posted By
randalqueen
Jan 12, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Please refresh my memory. I use a notebook and backed up everything to Time Machine and was planning to periodically use a back up from Time Machine to over-rite or format the notebook back to claim wasted space.

I think someone here said TM does not work with CSx.

Is this true?

If you try, what happens?

Thanks.

R

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
randalqueen
Jan 12, 2009
I searched the knowledge base but did not find anything. I remember there was a thread here where some were talking about using another clone program to back up their system.

I am running 10.5.5 and still curious if Time Machine works with CS4.

A search here in this forum brings up way too much of the Photoshop Lounge and I cannot find that thread.

So I thought I would ask again if they are compatible.
NT
Nini Tj
Jan 12, 2009
What is not compatible is Spaces. Cannot remember TimeMachine ever being mentioned in that context.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 12, 2009
TimeMachine also had problems with Lightroom (and Aperture), but I think Apple fixed those.
CC
Conrad_Chavez
Jan 12, 2009
While Time Machine itself is probably compatible, if you are going to do a wipe and restore of any kind, regardless of which utility you use, the best practice is to deactivate all your programs that require activation (Adobe Creative Suite, iTunes, etc.), and re-activate them after you restore. Just in case the activation software thinks you have changed machines, and invalidates one of your activations.
B
Buko
Jan 12, 2009
I use superduper! to clone my drives. I have not had any problems using the clone drive as a startup or using the software on the cloned drive.

Adobe does however view the cloned drive as a second activation.
R
randalqueen
Jan 13, 2009
Wow, exactly the information I was looking for. Thank you all.
B
Buko
Jan 13, 2009
Adobe does however view the cloned drive as a second activation.

If you clone the clone back to the original drive the activation stuff still see the original drive as the original activation. I came to this conclusion because I never got the you have too many activations message. and I never deactivated the app before cloning the drive.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections