RB
Posted By
Richard_Balgowan
Jul 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently purchased a Cannon EOS Rebel kit. Photoshop Elements 2.0 was bundled with the kit. I put the CD in my computer and it autoplays OK. When I select install Photoshop Elements 2.0, the cursor becomes an hourglass for about 15 seconds and then reverts back to a cursor. The program never installs. I have also accessed the CD and ran setup but the results are the same. I am using a Dell PC and Windows XP that exceed the minimum requirements. During installation, I disabled my Antivirus software. Any help would be appreciated.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jul 19, 2004
Richard,
The model outlined in this link may facilitate the installation; <http://www.delorme.com/support/installxp.asp>
Ken
SK
Steve_Krant
Jul 21, 2004
Experienced the very same symptoms (and frustrations) on a new Dell laptop. Got it working by disabling Norton AntiVirus and ZoneAlarm Pro (firewall) and pulling my broadband connection, just to be sure.
Installation proceeded normally after that.

Good luck, …Steve
LS
lisa_star
Aug 3, 2004
ARgh!! I have disabled both my mcafee anti virus and firewall as well as my Windows XP firewall, pulled my cable internet connection and STILL cannot install Elements 2.0.

I tried the same thing on another computer here and it worked just fine once I disabled the Norton antivirus & firewall.

What am I missing?????

thanks,

lisa
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
Aug 4, 2004
Lisa,

Did you try the technique in Ken’s link above:

<http://www.delorme.com/support/installxp.asp>

I have been using Delorme’s instructions for years and rarely have a failed installation of any software.

Before you try again be sure to clean up after the failed install.

Go to C:\Documents and Settings\"Installing User"\Application Data\ where "Installing User" is replaced by the User who did the install.

See if under Adobe there is Photoshop/Elements. If so delete the Elements folder.

Then go to C:\Program Files\Adobe. If there is a Photoshop Elements folder delete it.

If you are comfortable with editing the Registry back it up and search it for entries related to Elements and delete them. If not, do a Google Search for RegScrub and let it do the work (it’s a lot quicker anyway and good to use on a regular basis).

Hope this works.

Bob
BB
Becky_Brown
Aug 9, 2004
I installed Photoshop Elements 2.0. When I tried to use the Tutorial it proceeds to connect to internet, then error message appears:
Cannot find file:C:Program%20 Files Adobe Photoshop%20 Elements%202Help1_20_0_0.html Make sure the path or internet addresss is correct.
What can I do for this problem? I am a novice as far computers goes but would appreciate some help. Thanks. Becky
NS
Nancy_S
Aug 9, 2004
Becky,

The tutorial is on your harddrive, not the internet. You can just navigate to it using Windows explorer (Programs>Adobe etc) or I think the help file can get you there.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections