E
Posted By
ExpOzSteve
Jul 14, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve downloaded and installed PS CS3 trial and given it a go but decided to stick with version 7 as it’s still doing everything I need.

So when the trial period on CS3 has expired I’ve uninstalled it but now Photoshop 7 won’t run. I get this message a few seconds after I click on the PS icon . ..

"An unexpected and unrecoverable problem has occurred due to a program error. Photoshop will now exit"

I’ve reinstalled PS7 several times to no avail.

Since I installed the CS3 trial I upgraded from Tiger to Leopard – maybe this is the cause!

Any idea’s how I can get PS7 working again?

Cheers
steve

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JS
Jeff_Schewe
Jul 14, 2008
Since I installed the CS3 trial I upgraded from Tiger to Leopard – maybe this is the cause!

Photoshop 7 will not run under Leopard…
B
Buko
Jul 14, 2008
Didn’t read the FAQs Aay!
B
Buko
Jul 14, 2008
All you have to do is revert back to Tiger from the backup system clone you made before installing Leopard and everything will work.
E
ExpOzSteve
Jul 14, 2008
Bugger! Guess I’ll be upgrading to CS3 after all!!
R
Ram
Jul 14, 2008
Do it before CS4 is officially announced, as Photoshop 7 will not qualify for any upgrade once CS4 is announced.
B
Buko
Jul 14, 2008
Just revert to Tiger from your Backup. Its much more stable with CS3 anyway.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections