N
Posted By
nboutelier
Jun 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The tolerance setting for my wand tool is not working.

I currently have the tolerance set to 0, with anti-aliasing unchecked, and contiguous checked.

When trying to select a color that is 1 pixel in width or height – it selects it as if the tolerance is at 32+ pixels.

I have no probs selecting aliased colors, just not sharp single pixel width/height colors.

Anyone have any idea what the prob is and how I can fix it? This is really holding me up. I reinstalled photoshop 7 on windows xp and still have the problem. Everyone I know is stumped.

Thanks! -Nick

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
johnboy
Jun 22, 2005
wrote in message

I currently have the tolerance set to 0, with anti-aliasing unchecked, and contiguous checked.

When trying to select a color that is 1 pixel in width or height – it selects it as if the tolerance is at 32+ pixels.

Do you have [ ] Use All Layers unchecked? Are you in the correct layer?
E
edjh
Jun 22, 2005
wrote:

I have no probs selecting aliased colors, just not sharp single pixel width/height colors.

Anyone have any idea what the prob is and how I can fix it? This is really holding me up. I reinstalled photoshop 7 on windows xp and still have the problem. Everyone I know is stumped.

Thanks! -Nick
Generally reinstalling does NOT fix glitches like this. Try Resetting/Trashing Preferences.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
N
nboutelier
Jun 22, 2005
Problem solved. The tolerance of the wand tool is also linked to ‘sample size’ of the color picker, which I had set to 5×5. Changing the color picker sample size to ‘point sample’ fixed the problem. -Nick
T
Tacit
Jun 23, 2005
In article ,
wrote:

Click on the eyedropper tool. Make sure that "point size" is set to ne pixel. By default, when you click with a tool, Photoshop averages the values of the pixels around where you clicked. The setting you specify for the Eyedropper is used by all tools which examine pixel values.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections