photoshop on XP machine won’t open files worked on a Vista machine. Help!

AM
Posted By
Alain M
Jan 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I’m having problems opening up files that have been retouched on my Vista machine with CS3 Extended when I try to open them on my HP Laptop that’s running XP SP2, and CS3 Extended as well. It says that it cannot open the files due to a program error. Nothing else. I try open the files in another xp machine and the same thing happens, yet when I open it with another Vista machine then it works great.

Last time I was stuck in a rut and I had to make it work so I imported them into Lightroom (on the xp machine) and re-exported them, and then it worked, so it’s obviously a problem with photoshop on different versions of windows.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a solution?

Thanks in advance

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BD
Brett_Dalton
Jan 4, 2008
It may be a permissions problem. The file permissions are not set correctly on the Vista PC so the XP wont be allowed to read it, try setting permissions for the file to "Everyone" to read/write (prob through the file proprties but I hav’nt played with vista yet so not sure).

BRETT

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections