JR
Posted By
James_Ramsay
Jul 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using PE 1 for several years on a Mac G4 and OS 9.2. I have just purchased PE 2 (downloaded) and have a question to which I can find no answer, or reference, in PE Help or the archives of this forum.

In order to open the images acquired and worked on in PE 1, must I retain the PE 1 application on the computer, or is there some way to modify them en masse so they can be opened in PE 2?

Thanks in advance,

Jim Ramsay

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jul 13, 2004
You don’t need to do anything at all to them. Just open ’em up in PE 2 and go.

BTW, if you want to, you can keep PE1 and PE2 on the same computer without any trouble.
JR
James_Ramsay
Jul 14, 2004
Thanks Barbara for your quick reply. I’m afraid that my question wasn’t; clear enough. I was hoping that there was a way to open a folder of, say, ten pictures originally saved in PE 1, and be able to click on any of them and have them open in PE 2.

I didn’t want the extra step of opening PE 2 and then selecting and opening individual pictures from the dialog box.

I should have done a little experimenting with PE 2 before rushing into print, because I have discovered that the ‘Browse’ feature is just what I wanted.

Jim
BH
Beth_Haney
Jul 14, 2004
I’m glad you found the Browse feature, because it’s the best way to do what you want. In OS X there is a way to change the file association from PSE 1 to PSE 2 so you can double click on any of your files and have it open in the new version. That’s one of the biggest improvements over OS 9 (which I still use on this computer and continue to love for some reasons!)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections