JS
Posted By
John_Schandorsky
Jul 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When using "help" function, say in "histogram", it goes to histogram help for a split second then switches to the general help page. I have an EMAC with 1.25 G4, OS 10.3.4 and safari.

Thanks John

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 12, 2004
John,

What version of Photoshop Elements are you using? Is Internet Explorer installed on your eMac? Are you using AOL?

Ray
JS
John_Schandorsky
Jul 12, 2004
Ray

I am using PE 2.0. I tried both internet explorer and safari, both had the same results. I do not use aol or any other browser.

John
SS
Susan_S.
Jul 12, 2004
Mine does that too (G3 imac 10.3.4, using safari). It’s a minor nuisance. A subsequent search of the help for the same term is always necessary to find what is actually required. I don’t think it’s always done this, but I can’t remember when it started to happen. And resetting preferences didn’t help either.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 12, 2004
I’ve checked and it works on mine… I’m running 10.3.3, perhaps the problem appeared with 10.3.4? The only thing is, help is opening in IE instead of Safari. A light annoyance.

Have you tried to make IE your default browser, just for the sake of testing? You do this by going to Safari’s preference, General tab, first option.

Ray
JC
Joe_Chirra
Jul 12, 2004
When clicking on the Help function (or F1), Help does not come up. I have Photoshop Elements 2.0, a Pentium 4, and Windows XP home edition.

I tried changing the program’s compatability to Windows 98–it didn’t work.

Any suggestions?

Joe
RK
Roger_K
Jul 15, 2004
Same problem with mine. Strange thing is that it DID work until recently. It’s OK if I click on the Help.html file in Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\Help\

I’ve uninstalled PE and deleted the remaining folders and files then reinstalled but it’s still the same.

I’m using Win XP and IE 6.0 and have done so for two years ie I haven’t changed anything.

I’ve tried deleting the web folder then downloaded and run Product Update – no change.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections