MW
Posted By
Mark_Woodcock
Sep 10, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I work with CS not CS2 (I hate the Bridge browser thing). Lately, I’ve been having a problem where I’ll send files to the trash and when I go to empty the trash it says: "The operation cannot be completed because item XXXXXX is in use."

There’s no rhyme or reason to it. I can dump 10 files and it might be one or five of them that causes that to happen. And other times I can dump things and they immediately delete. I have to wait at least 20 minutes before it will let me empty the trash when it gives me that message. And it doesn’t matter if I restart Photoshop.

What’s up with THAT?

Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Sep 10, 2006
Can you empty the trash after rebooting the Mac? Or simply logging out of your account and then back in?
MW
Mark_Woodcock
Sep 10, 2006
I haven’t tried that, however, that would be a ginormous hassle everytime I wanted to empty the trash.
R
Ram
Sep 10, 2006
Mark,

You need to troubleshoot. The steps described above are part of that.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections