K
Posted By
k9660r
Sep 18, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using PS8 and often use the "Save For Web" function in the "File" menu.
Suddenly, with no warning at all, it has quit working. Here is a brief summary of where the function stops working.

As usual, I open a photo and choose "Save For Web". I get the familiar "2up, 4up" options like normal. I choose the one I want and click the "Save" button and then a new "Save Optimized As" window appears like normal.

It’s when I click the final "Save" button on that window is where I get the message:
"Could not complete this operation. The file was not found."

This has never happened before in all the years I have been using this feature. I have tried many different photos and continue to get that "Could not complete this operation" message. Everything else in PS8 seems to be working fine as far as I can tell.

Does anyone know how I may fix this without reinstalling PS?

Thanks in advance.
Ken

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

E
edjh
Sep 19, 2005
wrote:
Suddenly, with no warning at all, it has quit working. Here is a brief summary of where the function stops working.

As usual, I open a photo and choose "Save For Web". I get the familiar "2up, 4up" options like normal. I choose the one I want and click the "Save" button and then a new "Save Optimized As" window appears like normal.

It’s when I click the final "Save" button on that window is where I get the message:
"Could not complete this operation. The file was not found."
This has never happened before in all the years I have been using this feature. I have tried many different photos and continue to get that "Could not complete this operation" message. Everything else in PS8 seems to be working fine as far as I can tell.

Does anyone know how I may fix this without reinstalling PS?
Thanks in advance.
Ken
Trash Preferences.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
K
k9660r
Sep 19, 2005
That did the trick. Thanks!

Ken
MR
Mike Russell
Sep 19, 2005
wrote in message
….
Try this link:
http://avondale.typepad.com/pixelupdate/2005/02/getting_this _er.html

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections