KB
Posted By
Kristie_Blake
Jun 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I cannot find it in Help anywhere. How do I compress a photo so I can add it to a web page. It has to be smaller that 80K

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jhjl1
Jun 24, 2004
Try using the save for web feature. File>Save for web. You may want to resize it as well. 800 x 600 or 640 x 480 are generally good sizes for web use.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
I cannot find it in Help anywhere. How do I compress a photo so I can
add it to a web page. It has to be smaller that 80K
DG
David G House
Jun 24, 2004
As James indicated… use save for web.. other items of note while you’re in there… If you need high quality in the image.. make sure it is set to Maximum.. (you’ll see the box, it may say "High" "Medium" "Low" or "Maximum".. ) next to that box is another box that will have a number in it… there is a slide bar when you click the drop down arrow (this will also change the Kb Size if you need to do some fine tunning)…. make some settings… (change image size like James suggested)… click "Apply"…. and look in the preview box (under the one on the Rt) and you will see the new Kb size…. Now if you need to see how it will appear on the Web .. click the BLUE "E" and a web preview pops up …. hope this all helps… 😉 actually I asked the very question a few weeks ago..

David
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 24, 2004
David,

You are a quick learner 🙂

Wendy
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jun 25, 2004
David, I’ve used Save for Web for a couple years now and never realized what that blue E was for – thanks!!

Chuck
DG
David G House
Jun 25, 2004
Wendy.. I learned a l;ong time ago.. when working with these modern day computers you can always "Back Out" of whatever you’ve done.. so I can sometimes be a lil "click happy" :D.. sometimes you never know what you find…

David

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections