JP
Posted By
james_park
Dec 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am currently using CS2. Should I uninstall CS2 prior to installing CS4? If I install over the pre-installed CS2, CS4 might not removed CS2-associated files. James

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
Jim
Dec 24, 2008
wrote in message
I am currently using CS2. Should I uninstall CS2 prior to installing CS4?
No
If I install over the pre-installed CS2, CS4 might not removed CS2-associated files. James
PS installations are standalone. You don’t install the new one ‘over’ the old one; instead, the new one is installed in its own folder tree. There may be some files in the common files area; new installations replace the common files with newer versions.

It is a good idea to run older and newer versions side by side for a while anyway. But the only way to get rid of an older version is through add/replace.

Jim
WE
Wolf_Eilers
Dec 24, 2008
If I install over the pre-installed CS2 …

CS4 does not install over an older Photoshop install. Although the licence you have is for an upgrade the installation of CS4 is separate and distinct from CS2. In fact, it is wise to keep the older version around because getting familiar with CS4 may take a week or two and it simplifies the install (since the upgrade needs to check for a previous version).
JP
james_park
Dec 24, 2008
You are abosolutely right. I tried to open IDD files (InDesign) with CS4 InDesign. I am getting blank page. I am regretted for deleting CS2. I should have posted this question earlier. Regard, James

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections