MM
Posted By
Medessa_Montgomery
Jun 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
All of a sudden, when I use the fill flash feature to lighten faces with shadows, it is darkening images. It has been working perfectly before this glitch. I uninstalled and re-installed, but it still does exactly the same thing. Also, I still cannot access help online – even though I’m already online (both before and after the uninstall). I can’t figure out what the problem could be – I have obviously unintentionally modified something that it screwing up the fill flash, but for the life of me, I can’t figure out what.

Thanks for any ideas.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 19, 2004
Medessa,

I have tried all sorts of things but can’t get Elements to create the problem you have and also I haven’t heard of this problem before.

So lets start from the begining … check that:

Your image is just one layer
The mode is RGB
The layer blending option is normal

When you do Fill Flash a little box comes up on the screen … what happens when you adjust the sliders?

If all of those are OK then I guess you could try by deleting the prefs …. its usually a good place to start. 🙂

To do that close down Elements then click on the start up icon and quickly hold down the Control, Alt and Shift keys (If you are a Mac user Apple, Alt and Shift). Continue to hold down all three keys until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings … just say Yes.

Let us know how you go on.

Wendy
MM
Medessa_Montgomery
Jun 19, 2004
Thanks, Wendy!!!!

When I deleted the preferences, it worked fine. Thanks so much!!!!!!

Medessa
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 19, 2004
Medessa,

Glad it worked …..

Wendy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections