Elements Fill Flash/Backlight command equivilants in PS7?

DD
Posted By
David_Dietrick
Jan 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Are there slider equivilants of the Enhance: Fill Flash/Backlight commands of Elements in Photoshop 7? I know Photoshop CS now has a "Shadow lightening" adjustment.

Dave

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BB
brent_bertram
Jan 19, 2004
Dave,
Certainly not automated, anyway. Take a look at Filter > Render > Lighting Effects , and see if that can work for you.

🙂

Brent
RC
Richard_Coencas
Jan 19, 2004
Curves
DD
David_Dietrick
Jan 19, 2004
Brent and Richard, FYI:

Thanks for the suggestion. What did work in PS7 ( almost like the Fill flash command slider in Elements) is the gray or midtone (middle) adjustment slider under the "Levels" histogram. I didn’t realize it before, but it will even permit limiting the effect to a preselected area just like the options of the Fill Flash command in Elements. Now I’m curious as to just what parameters are manipulated with the Highlights/Shadow correction feature in PS CS.

Again thanks for responding,

Dave
RC
Richard_Coencas
Jan 19, 2004
Hightlights/Shadow is a new plug-in that uses a different algorithm. If you click the advanced option it is very powerful.

Rich

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections