A
Posted By
Artie
Jun 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know this topic has probably been beaten to death, but I’ve been looking through the Google archives and there’s just too much stuff to sort through.

I’m trying to crop and resize my images mostly for 4×6 prints. Most of my pics are 2288×1712 or 2288×1520. I’m guessing that I should crop the photos first to get the correct aspect ratio and then resize?

Is it best to leave the original dimensions and resolution (Front Image) and crop it as it is? Or could I just enter 4×6 and bump the resolution up to 300 and forget the resizing? What would the difference be?

I’m thinking I could just do it all with the crop tool and then do an Unsharp Mask to it, but most of what I read talks about resampling and constraining proportions with the resize tool.

If someone could point me to a primer on the steps I should take, I’d be forever thankful.

-Artie

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

A
Artie
Jun 18, 2004
I’ve found the previous threads on this topic. I’ll read up and get back to you all if I have any more questions.

Thanks!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections