MH
Posted By
Mike Hyndman
May 13, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
when I reduce (by increasing the pixel value) an image in Photoshop CS I have the resample image option switched off so that the file size and detail remains the same as the original. Yet if I use the crop tool set to say..10×8 it gives me an image of 3000×2400 @ 300pixels,(in other words it’s adding pixels) irrespective of what the resample option is set to. Is there any way to prevent this resampling happening? TIA
Mike H

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MH
Mike Hyndman
May 14, 2005
when I reduce (by increasing the pixel value) an image in Photoshop CS I have the resample image option switched off so that the file size and detail remains the same as the original. Yet if I use the crop tool set to say..10×8 it gives me an image of 3000×2400 @ 300pixels,(in other words it’s adding pixels) irrespective of what the resample option is set to. Is there any way to prevent this resampling happening?
It wasn’t ’till I’d sent this post that I realised how ridiculous this question must seem. What I am trying to achieve is an image size (length\breadth) that doesn’t need cropping when it gets to my online photo lab. The images I send are either shrunk to fit or cropped on screen with their own software with differing (positional) results. What would be very handy is a way of cropping to a specific ratio before dispatch, e.g. 5:4 would produce 10×8’s; 1.5:1 would produce 6×4’s; 4:3 would produce 6×4.5 and so on.
At the moment I am using the crop tool with a preset size option selected and then drop a guide to where the crop finishes. I then cancel the "preset" crop and then "clear" crop to the guide(s). (hope this is making sense) Is this the only way to do this?
TIA
Mike H

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections