J
Posted By
joe
Jun 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do I crop/select a square shape? Using the crop/select allows a rectangle shape, which I can use to get an approximate square, but how do I get a pixel perfect square?

I need to crop a square of an image and then reduce it to a smaller square (90×90).

Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GP
Gene Palmiter
Jun 29, 2004
yep…simple….a couple of ways. Use guides….hold down the shift, ctrl, alt buttons….one of them constrains….and the best answer….those boxes at the top of the frame when you select Crop…type in the size that you want and that is the size you will get.

"joe" wrote in message
How do I crop/select a square shape? Using the crop/select allows a rectangle shape, which I can use to get an approximate square, but how do
I
get a pixel perfect square?

I need to crop a square of an image and then reduce it to a smaller square (90×90).

Thanks.

J
joe
Jun 29, 2004
"Gene Palmiter" wrote in message
yep…simple….a couple of ways. Use guides….hold down the shift, ctrl, alt buttons….one of them constrains….and the best answer….those
boxes
at the top of the frame when you select Crop…type in the size that you want and that is the size you will get.

ah, shift does what I want – thanks!
DT
David Thompson
Jun 29, 2004
Use Marquee properties to set the aspect ratio to 1:1. Now select the area of interest. Then go to image…>crop. Then go to image…>size and set the size to 90 pixels, with resize image checked. Save as: You are done Regards,
David "Routemeister" Thompson
http://home.rochester.rr.com/backroads/

"joe" wrote in message
How do I crop/select a square shape? Using the crop/select allows a rectangle shape, which I can use to get an approximate square, but how do I get a pixel perfect square?

Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections