CA
Posted By
callme annie
Apr 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a basic understanding of how and when to use this, but I don’t know why it works when it does, nor why it does not work when it does not (stretched or
squished buildings for example even when I swear I did the same thing twice)

Basically what I have been instructed to do is to draw the crop around the ENTIRE image, then pull in the top 2 corners ONLY until the left and right side crop
lines are parallel to the building sides, and then accept the crop and it will straighten the building out, from / \ to | |

unfortunately I don’t have anything on hand right now (will make some test images tomorrow to play with) as the only images I have like that are from work and
are not mine, to play around with (and at work, time is money, so I don’t really get to try things when I’ve alr4eady been told how to do it, and it works…
most of the time).

What I was wondering is why can’t I not select the entire image when cropping, or select MORE than the actual image size to attempt to get the building more
"square" when there is not enough space left on the sides, or why not adjust the top crop line to match the roof angle while adjusting the perspective of the
sides? (when I asked I was told that it does not work that way and not to waste their time by trying it, just do it the way I was shown. not that my boss is a
butt-hole, but they lost all their employees back before Christmas and I just got hired mid April and we are a month behind schedule. So its real important to
not screw around.

But I think my boss does not really know why it works either, but learned it at a Photoshop seminar and was just show how it works and not why or what else its
useful for.

So I ask now… does anyone have a better understanding of this function/tool and can offer me some advise that could improve my abilities in Photoshop (btw we
are using version 7. not sure if its important info, but its a relatively small operation, 5 or 6 part time people with staggered schedules and the owner works
12 hour days 6 days a week. No full time employees. General Photography, we do portraitures, weddings, events, architectural / construction shots, aerials,
basically whatever anyone needs. 4×5, 35mm, and digital, slides, transparencies.

Any help would be nice.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RF
Robert Feinman
Apr 29, 2005
In article ,
says…
So I ask now… does anyone have a better understanding of this function/tool and can offer me some advise that could improve my abilities in Photoshop (btw we
are using version 7. not sure if its important info, but its a relatively small operation, 5 or 6 part time people with staggered schedules and the owner works
12 hour days 6 days a week. No full time employees. General Photography, we do portraitures, weddings, events, architectural / construction shots, aerials,
basically whatever anyone needs. 4×5, 35mm, and digital, slides, transparencies.
Any help would be nice.

See if my discussion will be of any help:

http://robertdfeinman.com/tips/tip19.html

Robert D Feinman
Landscapes, Cityscapes and Panoramic Photographs
http://robertdfeinman.com
mail:

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections