BS
Posted By
Bernd Stoeckl
Apr 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I crop a pic and I open the crop frame I cannot see any data on the actual size of the crop frame. Most often I’d like to keep the aspect ratio and I cannot find anything that helps me on that. Please, assist a newbie. Thanks folks.

Doris Stoeckl

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BS
Bernd Stoeckl
Apr 14, 2004
Sorry, I am using PS 7.
M
MariuszR
Apr 14, 2004
I cannot see any data on the
actual size of the crop frame.

Turn on info palette, menu: window->info

| Mariusz Rzepkowski e-mail: |
| GG: 966498 ICQ: 134628796 www.mariuszr.prv.pl | | Sztuka życia – to umieć cieszyć się małym szczęściem.| | [Phil Bosmans]|
M
mscir
Apr 15, 2004
Bernd Stoeckl wrote:

When I crop a pic and I open the crop frame I cannot see any data on the actual size of the crop frame. Most often I’d like to keep the aspect ratio and I cannot find anything that helps me on that. Please, assist a newbie. Thanks folks.
Doris Stoeckl

In Photoshop 6 (I’m pretty sure this still works in version 7) there are two related ways to do this using the selection (Marquee) tool, after selecting this tool:

– in the toolbar select "constrained aspect ratio" and enter the height and width, e.g. height:1 width:2 for a 1:2 h:w ratio no matter what size selection you make, the ration is maintained

– in the toolbar select "fixed size" and enter the height and width you want the selection to be, move the selection wherever you want it, then use the menu choice "Image > Crop"

Good Luck,
Mike
M
Martyn
Apr 15, 2004
in the crop tool where you type the size of the image required just type your pixes size for example 100 px
you don’t need to specify the PPI/DPI when working pixels then when you apply the crop the images will be set to the number of pixels required. Hope that helps

"Bernd Stoeckl" wrote in message
When I crop a pic and I open the crop frame I cannot see any data on the actual size of the crop frame. Most often I’d like to keep the aspect
ratio
and I cannot find anything that helps me on that. Please, assist a newbie. Thanks folks.

Doris Stoeckl

BS
Bernd Stoeckl
May 1, 2004
Hmm, no reply means not possible with PS?

"Bernd Stoeckl" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
When I crop a pic and I open the crop frame I cannot see any data on the actual size of the crop frame. Most often I’d like to keep the aspect
ratio
and I cannot find anything that helps me on that. Please, assist a newbie. Thanks folks.

Doris Stoeckl

P
patrick
May 1, 2004
The desired values are entered in the Options Bar (third bar down from the top of the screen) which provides entry boxes for width, height, resolution and pixels/inches.

Enter your values.
Then click in the extreme top, left point of your image and drag the expanding outline diagonally down and right until it no longer changes size. That is your resultant crop window.
Click and drag on the middle of that window (there is a marker there) and move the window to where you want it.
Right click in the window to display the Crop/Cancel buttons. Click on Crop and you should get what you want.

If I misread your question or you have further frustrations, ask again.

Good luck! . . . . patrick

"Bernd Stoeckl" wrote in message
Hmm, no reply means not possible with PS?

"Bernd Stoeckl" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ratio
and I cannot find anything that helps me on that. Please, assist a
newbie.
Thanks folks.

Doris Stoeckl

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections