RC
Posted By
robert_cox
Dec 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My Photoshop CS4 trial ended, and i erased it. But now Photoshop CS3 Extended will not work. I tried reinstalling it, but it keeps telling me to insert the CS4 disk. I removed Photoshop CS3 and tried to install it from scratch, but it still asked me to insert the cs4 disk. Is there anything I can do?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 2, 2008
robert,

When you say you "erased it", did you use the uninstaller utility or did you literally just drag PS to the trash?

Neil
R
Ram
Dec 2, 2008
I removed Photoshop CS3

Same comment as in post #1.

CS3 and CS4 should never, ever, under any circumstances be dragged to the trash like you could with earlier versions. You have to use the Adobe Uninstaller.

It’s a different world now.
RC
robert_cox
Dec 2, 2008
I used the uninstaller utitility, then tried cs3, it didn’t work. i restarted my computer, still didn’t work. so then i erased it. I can get it back with time machine if i need to though.
NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 2, 2008
robert,

so then i erased it

CS3? How did you erase it?

What system maintenance have you done?

Neil
R
Ram
Dec 2, 2008
Robert,

Once again: CS3 and CS4 should never, ever, under any circumstances be dragged to the trash like you could with earlier versions. You have to use the Adobe Uninstaller.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Dec 2, 2008
Since you did already there are clean u script for both that will remove some important files that are still there that are preventing reinstalling.

Download the Clean uP Scripts and run them then do a search for CS 3 and 4 and remove anything that you find related unless you have other CS 3 and or Cs4 apps installed.

Then trash the Photoshop Settings folder from the user’s Preferences and the com.adobe.photoshop.plist file from that same directory restart the computer, just for the fun of it and the reinstall CS 3.

Then enroll in a class on how to do things in a n orderly fashion and another for reading, any language will do.

Just joking, sort of!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections