Install of 30 day Photoshop trial not working, help!

CN
Posted By
Caitlin_Northern
Jul 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I’m trying to install and use the 30 day trial of Photoshop… The download and install seemed to go smoothly, but now when I click on the "ADBEPHSPCS3_WWE" icon on the desktop, it does the whole ‘extracting files’ thing then check the box for "Launch Adobe Photoshop CS3", nothing happens. I’ve tried it several times, and have re-started my computer but still it won’t work.

I’m using a Dell Inspiron with 3GB RAM, running Vista Home Premium. Hope someone can help..

Thanks,
Caitlin

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AS
alex_simms
Jul 29, 2008
well caitlin i will go further and say i down loaded CS3 some 3 times and yes no luck in getting passed extracting the files. i have even purchased a trial CD still no luck. i have windows vista buisness.
As far as adobe are concerned it is only a trial and not worthy of there help. i have not found an answer as yet or got any response from adobe or help, and here we are bothe looking to possibly purchase software which in the uk costs £1000 +.
It beats me how a company like adobe hopes to encourage people like myself to upgrade from photoshop elements 6 to CS3.
if you get the download to work please let me know how you did it.
JT
John_T_Smith
Jul 29, 2008
This other message may help <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b5f359/0>
F
Freeagent
Jul 30, 2008
I haven’t had to do this myself, but typing this string into the "Run" box

regsvr32 jscript.dll

and hitting enter is supposed to fix many cases where the installer dies without starting. It’s a matter of registering a javascript dll on the computer, as I understand.

Also remove any earlier versions of Flash Player, as it can cause conflicts.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections