D
Posted By
DYP
Nov 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Let me bring this back to the top because it has started getting discussed in another thread (buried in there).

I find it strange that the help file for CS4 still makes it sound like it should work the way CS3 did, but it doesn’t. I have not been able to find any settings in CS4 to make it behave that way CS3 did. I don’t know why there they would change this when it worked so great in CS3, with have, immediately the option to zoom 2 different ways.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 19, 2008
Have you tried using the Optional "UseOldShortcuts.plugin"?

I don’t know whether it would address your concerns or not as I haven’t used it and just prefer to adapt to the new program.
D
DYP
Nov 19, 2008
Where can I find that "UseOldShortcuts.plugin"

Download link?

I can not find it in any of the downloads that are listed or the PSCS4Optional_LegacyPlugins_MAC download.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 19, 2008
It should be in the Goodies folder on the CS4 DVD.
D
DYP
Nov 19, 2008
I only have the downloaded version not the DVD.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 19, 2008
Trial or Full Version?

Call Adobe Customer Service and ask them about it — but it may only be available with the purchased version.
D
DYP
Nov 19, 2008
Can someone out there with the "UseOldShortcuts.plugin" and test this and see if it makes any difference.
D
DYP
Nov 20, 2008
I FOUND IT!

Command & Option & – or = resizes the window when "Resize Window to Fit" is unchecked.

Actually this is the same behavior as CS3 when "Zoom Resizes Window" in preference is unchecked. Just never need to use it in CS3 because the preference setting could be different than the Zoom Tool setting.

I guess I have already mention what changed in CS4.
J
JWeber
Nov 20, 2008
I’m finding trying to get your fingers to do something different that you’ve done thousands of times is a little dicey (using the option key with Command +/-).
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 20, 2008
In Photoshop CS4, Cmd 1 and Cmd 0 also Zoom to 100% and to Fit Window respectively — which is the same as in other applications in the Suite.
D
DYP
Nov 20, 2008
I’m finding trying to get your fingers to do something different that you’ve done thousands of times is a little dicey (using the option key with Command +/-).

After doing this all day I find I like it better.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections