RC
Posted By
Rosanne Cleveland-King
May 30, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was having a problem cropping in Photoshop. Every time I tried, I only got the bounding box with four corners and when I tried to "pull out" the edges, I got the double arrow tool that tilts the picture. A friend told me how to fix this glitch. Close Photoshop, and while reopening it, press down Control, Shift and Alt. You are asked if you want to: Delete settings file, answer yes.
Worked perfectly. Perhaps that fix works for other Photoshop woes as well.

Smiles,
Rosanne

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
Jason
Jun 4, 2006
In article <kwZeg.65150$>,
says…
Perhaps that fix works for other Photoshop woes as well.
Yup, that’s the general-purpose cure for most problems… But I also learned recently that you can do the same thing with Bridge and ImageReady, too!

Jason

reverse my name in email address
K
KatWoman
Jun 6, 2006
wrote in message
I was having a problem cropping in Photoshop. Every time I tried, I only got the bounding box with four corners and when I tried to "pull out" the edges, I got the double arrow tool that tilts the picture. A friend told me how to fix this glitch. Close Photoshop, and while reopening it, press down Control, Shift and Alt. You are asked if you want to: Delete settings file, answer yes.
Worked perfectly. Perhaps that fix works for other Photoshop woes as well.

Smiles,
Rosanne
while re-setting ALL preferences by the method you describe will work, it is unnecessary when you just want to reset one TOOL, the CROP after you select the tool look at the bar at the top click >CLEAR to reset the crop tool.
the mode you describe as "broken" is used when one wants to crop in a specific proportion such as 8×10 and in that case you do not want to use the side squares as this distorts the proportion.
why use a sledge hammer to push in a thumbtack? that method will also reset ALL the preferences in EVERY tool.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections