DM
Posted By
Dennis_MV
Aug 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I compare photos a lot. I usually zoom in 100% or more on a particular part of the photo that for example is in the middle of the image. However, as soon I press Ctrl-F6 to jump to another image, my zoomed position gets reset to the top left corner. This is frustrating.

Is there a way to keep the place where you’ve last zoomed in even if you jump between windows within Photoshop ?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John Joslin
Aug 17, 2008
Why don’t you use Bridge?
DM
Dennis_MV
Oct 7, 2008
Why don’t I:

* Open up all windows with images I need to compare
* Make sure that the windows are Restored (not Maximized) * Set desired zoom and position in the current window
* In menu go to Window, Arrange, Match Zoom and Location * Maximize windows if necessary
* enjoy swapping between windows via CTRL-F6 to compare images * still use Photoshop. I don’t know how to use Bridge for my task of comparing images at 100% or xx%, while at the same time making edits to them.

The above gives me a reasonable workflow, if images I’m comparing are identical in size and matter. However, otherwise, above still doesn’t work — if I modify location in one of the windows, swap to another window via CTRL-F6, and then swap back to the original window, the location position will be reset. Reset, as if I did not modify the location. Photoshop still gives me trouble with that. Maybe there is a setting in there that I can tweak. I have not found it yet.
A
alejoreba
Oct 14, 2008
Have you been able to find the solution for this serious bug of the Photoshop CS3? Thank you.

:
I compare photos a lot. I usually zoom in 100% or more on a particular part of the photo that for example is in the middle of the image. However, as soon I press Ctrl-F6 to jump to another image, my zoomed position gets reset to the top left corner. This is frustrating.

Is there a way to keep the place where you’ve last zoomed in even if you jump between windows within Photoshop ?

Why don’t I:

* Open up all windows with images I need to compare
* Make sure that the windows are Restored (not Maximized) * Set desired zoom and position in the current window
* In menu go to Window, Arrange, Match Zoom and Location * Maximize windows if necessary
* enjoy swapping between windows via CTRL-F6 to compare images * still use Photoshop. I don’t know how to use Bridge for my task of comparing images at 100% or xx%, while at the same time making edits to them.

The above gives me a reasonable workflow, if images I’m comparing are identical in size and matter. However, otherwise, above still doesn’t work — if I modify location in one of the windows, swap to another window via CTRL-F6, and then swap back to the original window, the location position will be reset. Reset, as if I did not modify the location. Photoshop still gives me trouble with that. Maybe there is a setting in there that I can tweak. I have not found it yet.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections