T
Posted By
tmgenesis
Jun 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Elements 2 and when I try to crop the cropping box does not stay with the curser. The curser and the corner of the cropping box may be an inch away from each other. I reinstalled the program but is still doing the same. Hope that makes since.

Thanks
Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jun 3, 2004
Bob…..

I’ve seen something like this happen when you have a fixed size crop set in the width/height boxes under the menus. If you have any numbers in there just clear them out.

Colin
KW
Ken_Wolin
Jun 3, 2004
If Colin’s suggestion doesn’t work, you might try going up to View and make sure "Snap to Grid" is unchecked.

——- Kenny
PD
Pete_D
Jun 3, 2004
I’ve seen something like this happen when you have a fixed size crop set
in the width/height boxes under the menus. If you have any numbers in there just clear them out.

This could be it or even fixed aspect ratio. But you should be able to move the selected area around with the keyboard arrow keys.
PA
Patti Anderson
Jun 3, 2004
You might also want to check your mouse settings, clean the tracking ball or even get a new one. I had something similar happen when I my old mouse was wearing out. At first I thought it was my bifocals playing tricks on me. The problem went away after I got a new one.

Patti
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
Jun 4, 2004
Bob,

If you find that the mouse is the problem give serious thought to switching to an optical one. I have a wired one on my old Win 98 PC and, for the last 4 months, a wireless on the new XP. The precision is incredible, there are no mechanical parts to wear out, the only cleaning required are the slide pads occasionally and no mouse pad required. I use it directly on a light gray desk top which makes very small moves effortless.

Bob
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jun 7, 2004
If we’re talking about switching mice to solve this problem, then I’d go further and suggest considering a graphics tablet. Higher resolution and easier to use in my opinion.

Colin

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections