MI
Posted By
Marco_Island
May 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I edit a newsletter in which there are a lot of photos. I have been advised by our copy service that the photo reproduction will be improved if I could screen the photos with an 85 line screen. (She also mentioned using a 300 dpi screen.) The newsletter is run off on a Konica copy machine using the photo mode and the results aren’t horrible although they are grainier than I’d like. Can screening be done with Photoshop Elements 2.0? If so, please give specific setup instructions. For what it’s worth, I also have Paint Shop Pro 7.0 on the computer if it can’t be done in Photoshop but can with that software. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 24, 2004
No, you can’t do this in PE. There is a filter that simulates the look of screening, but the actual function is part of the print dialog in full photoshop and not included in PE.
MI
Marco_Island
May 24, 2004
Thanks, Barbara. That’s what I was afraid of. I tried the halftone effect in PE and it was unsatisfactory … no way to adjust the screen size among other things. Do you know of a third-party plug-in that will do what I want or another program that will do it?

Marco
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 24, 2004
Do you know of a third-party plug-in that will do what I want or another program that will do it?

Not offhand, except for things that are as expensive as full photoshop. If this is a one-time thing you might want to try going someplace where you can use Photoshop, like Kinko’s.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections