S
Posted By
SteveVI
Nov 7, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The first screen print company I worked for in digital seps worked exclusively at 37 lpi and 63 degrees for the angle.

He never cared about detail, all that he required was no moire on any screen, from 15t/centimetre to 120t/centimetre.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AR
alan_ruta
Nov 7, 2006
What does the "t" stand for in 15t/centimetre?

What you say doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. You say the company worked exclusively at a 63 degree angle in order to avoid moire. If you are only printing one color moire is not an issue (unless you are rescreening but that is a "separate" issue so to speak.

I think scitex used to use (and maybe still does) 53 degrees for black and most others use 45 degrees for black or 1 color. This is because it is believed that 45 or near 45 degrees is least noticeable to the unconsious eye.

alan
R
Ram
Nov 7, 2006
45 or near 45 degrees is least noticeable to the unconsious eye.

I would have thought that NOTHING is noticeable to the unconscious eye.
AR
alan_ruta
Nov 7, 2006
You have a poin there, but isn’t that was subliminal is all about?

Its like Musak (as much as I abhor (sp?) the idea–it alledgely calms, energizes, etc. unconsiously I’m told.

alan
B
Buko
Nov 7, 2006
You say the company worked exclusively at a 63 degree angle in order to avoid moire. If you are only printing one color moire is not an issue

It is if you are printing a screen
R
Ram
Nov 7, 2006
alledgely calms, energizes, etc. unconsiously I’m told.

Nope. Subconsciously.
R
Ram
Nov 7, 2006
"Unconscious" is when you are under anesthesia.

Main Entry: un·con·scious
Pronunciation: "&n-‘kän(t)-sh&s
Function: adjective
1 a : not knowing or perceiving : not aware b : free from self-awareness 2 a : not possessing mind or consciousness <unconscious matter> b (1) : not marked by conscious thought, sensation, or feeling <unconscious motivation> (2) : of or relating to the unconscious c : having lost consciousness <was unconscious for three days>
3 : not consciously held or deliberately planned or carried out <an unconscious bias> – un·con·scious·ly adverb
– un·con·scious·ness noun
AR
alan_ruta
Nov 7, 2006
I see your point but dissagree. Thats just it–you don’t consiously perceive it but are affected by it–even people under anesthesia sometimes talk, unconciously.

When you are dreaming in the morning and sounds from the real world get incorporated into the dream is that concious, subconcious or unconcious?

alan
R
Ram
Nov 7, 2006
If you don’t perceive it, it doesn’t matter. It doesn’t affect you.

Hit the dictionaries, Alan.
R
Ram
Nov 7, 2006
I see you edited your post.

Dreams are definitely in the realm of the subconscious.
E
eltee
Nov 7, 2006
T-shirt printing is done through a mesh onto another
so you can have three conflicting lines even in monochromatic printing: the ink line, the silk and the cotton.

There’s a huge difference between the unconscious and the un… educated (many transcendent truths reside in unconscious areas of the educated mind : )
AR
alan_ruta
Nov 7, 2006
"If you didn’t perceive it, it doesn’t affect you"

I don’t know if every Madison Ave exect or psych person will agree.

Videodrome.
R
Ram
Nov 7, 2006
Alan,

Yes, they will agree with me. That’s the whole point, subliminal advertising works on the subconscious.

There is a huge difference between a sleeping person and an unconscious person.

You really need to brush up on the subject.

If the subliminal message or information is not perceived at the subconscious level, it will have ZERO effect. By definition.

I have no clue what the reference to "videodrome" is about. If it has to do with movies, television or sports, I would not be interested.
S
SteveVI
Nov 7, 2006
"t" is threads Alan, silk screen meshes are measured in threads per inch in the USA or threads per centimetre in the rest of the world.

Fixed :p
B
Buko
Nov 8, 2006
scren

is that what they call them in Australia? B)
S
SteveVI
Nov 8, 2006
we can edit forever you know, there’s a glitch in the matrix.
B
Buko
Nov 8, 2006
sorry I thought is was an accent thing.

like centimeters and inches. B)
S
SteveVI
Nov 8, 2006
Why you little…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections