MT
Posted By
Matt_Trubac
May 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know that photoshop 7 had a setting for the brush tool (other dynamics) where you could draw with the brush and the brush would gradually change from one color to another. I’m wondering if Photoshop Elements has a similar tool. The closest thing I have found is the fade setting under other options of the brush tool. This doesn’t do what I need it to do though. Please Help.

Thanks,
Matt

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

SS
Susan_S.
May 21, 2004
No – what you need to do is find someone with a copy of PS7 and get them to set up a brush with these dynamics, save it for you, and then you can use it in Elements (has to be PS7 I think – CS brushes don’t seem to work in Elements2)
Susan S
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 21, 2004
Hi, Matt. Yes, some brushes, mostly in the specialty brushes, have a setting for "color jitter" but in PE it’s mostly available in the brushes that make a shape, like flowers or butterflies.
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 22, 2004
CS brushes don’t work in PE2 eh ? Hmm, that’s interesting. So, are the CS brushs any different than PS7 ‘s ?? ..or just a dif engine i wonder.
MT
Matt_Trubac
May 22, 2004
Where could I find one of these brushes? Would Someone in the photo shop forum be able to help me do you think? I just need a gradient brush that will change from white to black as I paint.

Thanks,
Matt
SS
Susan_S.
May 22, 2004
Jodi – while i haven’t really played much with PS7’s brush controls CS looks pretty similar – but a brush set created in CS will not open in Elements.
Susan S
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 22, 2004
So then would it be safe to say that considering Adobe’s past behaviour that PE3 will probably have the same brush engine as CS…AND maybe a cookie or two. I’m waiting. I don’t have enough time as it is with my Adobe programs and even my camera for that matter…kids seem to hog most of my focus ( little bit of me gets out from time to time ). My daughter has her Benchmark writing exams this coming week and so that takes care of most of my time right now ( testing testing testing ). Sheeesh, when I was in kindergarten all we did was play games and do arts and crafts.
SS
Susan_S.
May 22, 2004
Good heavens Jodi! While the kids in their first year of school do get tested here (we call it reception rather than kindegarten in South Australia) it’s purely an informational thing so the teachers know their base level and their progress can be tracked. No preparation required. My older daughter (year 3) sits national basic skills tests later this year- quite long mainly multiple choice exams in literacy and maths – but I haven’t bothered to do any extra preparation except what the school does. But then, this is a child who thought the multiple choice tests for the national Science and Literacy competions that she did last week were fun and enjoyable, and could she do some more please… I do think that there is an overemphasis on teaching what can be tested in both the US and the UK (even more so) school systems rather than actual education. So far the Australian system seems to be striking a good balance for my daughters.

I did think I’d have more time once they were both at school but it doesn’t seem to have worked out like that… the time they are at home they do need more intensive attention, and I have a backlog of round the house tasks that are only gradually getting whittled away.!
CS
Chuck_Snyder
May 22, 2004
Susan, it gets even worse in our cities, where the wealthy parents vie for limited places in exclusive kindergartens. Feeling is that if they don’t go to the right schools from the very beginning, they are doomed to be……middle class….. What a horrible fate for a Brahmin…

Chuck
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 22, 2004
Chuck, LMAO !…" doomed to be……too funny"

Proud to be is me 🙂 ( more lower though 🙂 :)…but rich just the same
CS
Chuck_Snyder
May 22, 2004
Jodi, there was a ‘Law and Order’ episode about this subject – somebody got killed who stood in the way of granting admission to a child. So if it’s on "Law and Order", I know it’s true. Right, Beth?
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 23, 2004
…..and they found him dead withing the first 3 minutes of the show….right 🙂

Geeze, if you are middle class these days you are doing quite well.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 23, 2004
Hey Chuck … we get Law and Order in the UK I think its a brilliant program.

Jodi … haven’t spoken to you in ages … how is life going? … are you painting with oils yet :)? I bought a new painting a couple of weeks ago, managed to find space for it on the wall but its getting hard to fit them in now.

Wendy
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 24, 2004
Hi Wendy, I’m doing OK. Thanks for asking 🙂 Nope, no canvas painting yet. Been having a slight melt down in the creative flow lately and I’m trying to get back on track. It’s probably because my mind is on other things like my daughters writing exams this week. How she does with the testing will determine which class she goes into next year ( they have different levels ). At the moment she is in the highest level and I’d like to keep her there. It’s alot of pressure for this stay at home mom.

I hope you are having a nice summer so far without ‘too’ much rain. Waiting for those pics of beautifyl roses from you ! 🙂
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 24, 2004
Hi Jodi,

So far this year it has been quite warm but no chance of any rose photographs … I went in the garden yesterday and they are covered in rust … I forgot to spray them before we went away!!! Oh well maybe next year. Took a couple of nice poppy shots today …. and just waiting for the Camelias to come out.

Hope your daughter’s exams go well … I’m sure that they will and once you know thats OK you will be back into creative mode :).

This afternoon I have been doing a card for Ray but just can’t it right …

Wendy
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 24, 2004
Ha ! I know what you mean about the card for Ray…I started about 5 in the last 2 days and nothing to save….nothing ‘good enough’ anyways. Ray is sooo special to me and I guess that puts alot of pressure on the subject as well. Anyways, at least I already did a few so I don’t feel too awfully bad 😉

Post some pics when ya get a chance !
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 25, 2004
Jodi, stop it… !!! I’m starting to feel like a red lobster now (or a pack of DuMaurier cigarettes, for my Canadian smoking friends) 😉

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections