Difference between two brush tools for color removal?

D
Posted By
Dinarius
Apr 11, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there any difference between the following effects:

Image: 16bit TIFF.

1. Create Background Copy.

2. Choose Color from the Blend Mode menu.

3. Choose Brush Tool, with Mode/Normal, Opacity/100% Flow/100%

or…….

1. Create Background Copy.

2. Choose Color Replacement Tool, with Mode/Color, Limits/Contiguous.

I want to brush away color artifacts from a shot of a black and white line drawing. I’m not sure if the artifacts have been introduced by the cross-hatching on the drawing, or by the frame glass covering it. Perhaps a combination of both.

Using both of the above methods, the colour artifacts do disappear. I just want to know if one is better than the other?

Many thanks.

D.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RM
Rahul_Maheshwari
Apr 11, 2007
Yes, the color artifacts have been introduced by the cross hatching of the b/w lines; also called Moire pattern.

Either methods work. Its just up to you to figure out which is best for you. I am sure there are other ways of doing the same. I personally liked the first method 🙂

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections