MC
Posted By
Myke_Cameron
Oct 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
can anyone help me with this? I need an answer ASAP because I need to get my homework done and photoshop is not being my friend right now.

I load up photoshop and it loads up fine. Ok now first of all when I open a new file, it Locks the BG layer, and the lock button is greyed out…how do I make it so that the BG layer starts unlocked? Also when I add layers they come up as transparent automatically and I need them to be opaque white..how do I do that?
Now here is hte biggie…Whenever I use the brush tool it never works. I select a color click and drag but nothing shows up on the canvas, yet in the history window it shows that the brush tool has been used, this happenes the same for the clone stamp tool. I thought it was all tools but my pencil for example works fine.
can someone please help me? I beg of you I need to get this assignment turned in ASAP =) thank you

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 11, 2003
You need to spend a bit more time learning Photoshop.

1) The background is locked because it IS the background (having no transparency and no ability to move), not a layer
Changing it to a layer will unlock it (allow you to move it and edit transparency)

2) Yes, layers come up transparent by default. If you need them to be white, fill them with white

4) Check the brush blending mode in the options bar
MC
Myke_Cameron
Oct 12, 2003
fixed it all…
that was a noob mistake about the locked BG I just never noticed it being locked…and I know by fact that you can set your layers to be white and not transparent because that’s how the school’s computers are set up
anyway I got my prog working now.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections